Language Enrichment Reading Program
The Language Enrichment multisensory reading program is an Orton-Gillingham program that meets the requirements of the Response to Intervention (RTI) federal mandate by giving regular classroom teachers, special education teachers and intervention specialists the tools to teach an effective research-based reading inclusion program.
This reading curriculum allows teachers to return to the classroom and implement a three-year curriculum that is consistent with the requirements set forth in Reading First legislation and incorporates the five components deems necessary by the National Reading Panel:
- Phonemic Awareness
An early intervention and remediation program, Language Enrichment provides explicit and systematic instruction and is a successful working model of prevention and intervention. Training workshops are developed to:
- Teach the patterns of English for reading
- Offer a comprehensive spelling program, Scientific Spelling
- Educate teachers in the development of a fluency program as well as a program that develops oral language and listening comprehension
- Train teachers to implement a three-year curriculum that employs a multisensory research-based approach to reading, writing and spelling.
- Reduce the number of students referred for special education services.
- Facilitate the creation of early intervention and prevention programs.
- Support teachers by giving them the tools necessary to reach additional students with reading difficulties.
- Language Enrichment teaching manual with a scope and sequence and reproducible reading practice pages for a three-year program.
- Initial Reading Deck and Posters for classroom use.
- Scientific Spelling Teacher’s manual and reproducible notebook pages for students.
- The Colors and Shapes of Language Manual with Audio CD.
- Practices for Developing accuracy and fluency Manual with audio CD.
- A certificate of completion.
Mandates & Common Core
Multisensory Teaching works with area school districts to train elementary school and special education teachers. This program allows teachers to implement a three-year curriculum that is consistent with the requirements set forth in Reading First legislation and aligns with the ELA Common Core standards. It incorporates the five components deemed necessary by the National Reading Panel:
- Phonological Awareness (Reading Standards)
- Phonics & Word Recognition (Reading Standards)
- Fluency (Reading Standards)
- Comprehension (Speaking & Listening Standards)
- Vocabulary Acquisition & Use (Language Standards)
The Response to Intervention federal mandate also requires benchmarking and progress monitoring. Language Enrichment has built-in Mastery Checks. Language Enrichment can be used with programs such as Dibels or Aims Web to monitor student progress.
Download Our Language Enrichment Brochure
- As a teacher with over 20 years experience, I am excited to be teaching this comprehensive Language Enrichment program in the Kindergarten classroom. Language Enrichment addresses my students' needs and I am now confident in their success as they progress through the program. I feel secure in the knowledge that it meets the five components deemed necessary under Reading First legislation.Kristin SchroderChichester, NY
- After leaving the teaching profession over a decade ago, I felt ill equipped to teach children how to read. Language Enrichment was the tool I was missing. Now I'm back in the classroom! LE is a highly effective reading technique and builds confidence in the children, not to mention their teacher. I would recommend LE to anyone who teaches children how to read.Kari ScottSaugerties, NY
- I found the Language Enrichment program to be a logical program for teaching reading. It is very child-friendly and the multisensory aspect is well-developed for this purpose. The Language Enrichment class itself was well organized, using a clear and concise teaching method, and filled with great advice from Alison, a well-learned professional.Stephanie FrostBloomington, NY
- As the Lower School Coordinator in an independent school, I have chosen Language Enrichment as our core literacy program. I have found this program to be excellent, easy to implement and consistent with the findings of the National Reading Panel. As a First grade teacher with 20 years of experience, it is refreshing to finally have a classroom approach that is evidence-based.Doris Gonzales-EastonKingston, NY
- I am writing to let you know how much I appreciated the four-day Language Enrichment course that I was lucky enough to attend. To be together with the other teachers from the community I'm part of, as well as Kristin, Doris, Cheryl and you gave me a greater appreciation for the work educationalists have put into integrating alternate learners to a normal classroom setting. I wish you much luck as you continue to promote this child-friendly method of teaching reading.Lizzi BrinkmannRifton, NY
- Teachers (Certificate Course) $700*
- Private Individuals $500*
*additional cost for materials